- Donate money. The Humane Society of the United States is a great resource for contacting your state’s humane society and finding a local chapter that you can give money to. You can also donate to your recommended choosing on the Humane Society website, which funds their many programs throughout the country.
- Donate food. If you would like your donation to go directly to an animal in need, consider bringing over some food or pet supplies such as beds and toys (gently used items are fine). Most shelters will accept these types of donations at any time during business hours.
- Donate time. Shelters are always looking for volunteers! You can visit the website of a shelter in your area or contact them directly to find out when they need volunteers most or what age requirements they have if any.
- Donate items from Wish Lists. Many Humane Societies post lists of items that they need on websites such as Amazon, Target, Walmart etc… Search for “Humane Society Wish List” online and see what comes up!
- Buy gift cards for the Humane Society staff to use at their discretion. This is helpful if you’re unsure what they might need right now but want something specific like cat litter or dog treats that may not be on their wish list! Gift cards can be purchased at grocery stores with cashiers who know how much each one costs so it’s easy enough even if there isn’t one near you – just go online first before heading out into traffic traffic-congested areas like malls around Christmas time.”
- Humane Society in Bellevue, WA
Location: 13132 SE Eastgate Way, Bellevue, WA 98005
Phone number: 425-641-0080
Hours of operation (adoptions): 12pm – 6pm daily; closed on holidays
Services provided: Adoptions and low cost spay & neuter clinic
The Auburn Valley Humane Society is a volunteer based, animal welfare organization serving the City of Auburn and the surrounding areas. The organization is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to improving the lives of companion animals in our community.
The Auburn Valley Humane Society was organized in 1965 and has been affiliated with the King County Department of Animal Care and Control since 1981. This affiliation allows for the AVHS to house dogs from the Kent and SeaTac shelters, thereby assisting with their search for loving homes.
At Kent, we are proud to have a 4 Star rating from Charity Navigator and are accredited by the Better Business Bureau.
You can help at Kent by donating money, volunteering your time, or fostering an animal. You can also help by adopting an animal!
We hope you will consider helping at Kent. Your contributions will be going directly to one of the most trusted charities in America!
Hours: Mon – Fri: 10:30am – 6pm, Sat – Sun: 10am – 5pm
Phone number: (253) 284-5844
Oops! Click Regenerate Content below to try generating this section again.
The Seattle Humane Society:
13212 SE Eastgate Way, Bellevue, WA 98005
Hours: Open today · 11AM–6PM
Donate to the Humane Society
Most people are unaware that humane societies across the country are in fact capable of providing certain services and housing animals regardless of their status. Typically, the only services available to you at a humane society involve adopting an animal or fostering one for a short period of time until it can be placed with a new owner. However, in Tukwila, Washington, our local shelter has recently added other important services to its repertoire. As part of our attempt to raise awareness about each and every homeless animal in need by sharing information about these organizations, we’ve decided to discuss the various ways you can help through your donation and patronage.
If you’re interested in learning more about our organization’s mission statement—as well as those of other humane societies across the country—please visit this page on their website: http://www.tukwhumane.org/about-us
Bellevue Humane Society of Central Arizona (Kingman)
The Humane Society of Central Arizona is a great place to donate and volunteer your time. In fact, this organization is so great that it has garnered the support of many celebrities and other notable people, including Dierks Bentley, Rick Harrison from Pawn Stars, and much more. Some of the ways you can help are donating money or items (such as pet food), volunteering your time, fostering pets or attending special events. If you’re unable to do these things at this moment in your life, consider educating yourself about the Humane Society or spreading the word about their organization to others.
Flagstaff Humane Society (Flagstaff)
Now that you’re ready to contribute, here’s a list of ways you can help the Flagstaff Humane Society. (Keep in mind that these are suggestions, not rules.)
- You can donate money
- You can donate supplies (e.g., food, brushes)
- You can volunteer your time
- You can donate your car
- You can donate your home or vacation home to the shelter for the duration of your trip, for example if you’re going on a two-week holiday to Bali and don’t want any pets in your house while you’re away. Just be sure to store all valuables somewhere safe! Also be aware that animals in shelters tend to shed more hair than usual and may scratch wood floors. If either of those things would bother you, this idea might not be for you. Still, it’s a nice gesture!
- Donate stocks and bonds
- Donate airline miles (most airlines have a charity option where they allow users to donate miles directly)
- Donate hotel rewards points
Heritage Humane Society (Williams)
The Heritage Humane Society is located in Williams and takes pride in helping the Humane Society of the United States with their goal to protect both animals and people. They are dedicated to protecting animal welfare by providing a safe environment for animals, educating the community, promoting responsible pet ownership and preventing animal cruelty. The organization was established in 1960 and has been saving the lives of thousands of animals since then.
They are open Monday-Friday from 4:00-6:00 PM, Saturday from 10:00 AM-2:00 PM, and closed on Sunday. You can find them at 3242 N. Williams Blvd., or call them at (928) 856-8113 for more information. You can also visit their website at https://www.heritagehumanesociety.com/.
Maricopa County Animal Care and Control (Phoenix)
The best way to help the Humane Society is by donating your time. Time donated by volunteers allows them to focus more of their funds on animal care and less on staffing. Additionally, if you volunteer at the shelter, you can be sure that your time will be put to good use. Volunteering at a humane society isn’t just about playing with puppies. You can also walk dogs or clean cages, assist with adoptions or marketing, and help with grooming or socializing animals.
HOW TO VOLUNTEER:
- Fill out an application form
- Sign up for a volunteer orientation session
- Attend the session
How to Help the Humane Society
Everyone loves pets! But not everyone can adopt one. If you’re interested in helping out homeless animals in your area but don’t want to adopt a pet, there are still tons of ways to make a difference. We’ve put together a list of actions you can take to help your local animal shelter, whether you have time, money, or other resources.
Donate money. Monetary donations are always helpful, especially if the organization is able to use it towards specific needs (like food or medications). Donating money also frees up the shelter’s time and resources to focus on more pressing issues.
Donate supplies. As with monetary donations, organizations appreciate donated supplies because they save them time and money. Contact your local animal shelter to see what they need—they may request certain brands or types of products that they know work best for their animals. Items may include: toys, treats, collars/leashes, bedding, cleaning supplies, etc.
Foster an animal. Shelters are often overcrowded with animals who don’t yet have homes. Many shelters offer foster programs that allow you to temporarily care for an animal until it is adopted out into a forever home. Foster programs vary from shelter to shelter;
Humane Society Donation Locations:
You can help your local Humane Society by visiting one of these locations, buying a product from the Humane Society and/or donate. The different branches are as follows:
[list of humane society locations]
5 Ways to Help The Humane Society
3. Adopt a pet.
4. Foster a pet in need of care or training.
5. Educate others about the issue of animal abuse and neglect.
The Humane Society is a trusted organization that helps animals in need across the country. They work with local shelters to provide medical care, adoption services, and community outreach programs for all kinds of animals.
If you want to help out, here are some things you can do:
-Volunteer: Volunteering at your local shelter is an amazing way to help give back to the animals who need it most. If you’re interested in volunteering at a location near you, contact them here.
-Foster: Every year, tens of thousands of dogs are brought into shelters because their owners have passed away or can no longer take care of them. If you have room in your home and the ability to care for one of these animals, fostering is a great way to give back!
-Donate: Donations are vital to helping the Humane Society continue its work. Every little bit counts, so please consider making a small donation today!
Each year, millions of pets find themselves in need of a new home. Whether it’s due to abandonment or just needing to rehome a pet, shelters are full of animals waiting for someone to take them home. But what’s the best way for you to make an impact?
To find out, we talked with the Humane Society about how to get involved and what kinds of things you can do to help your local animal shelter.
1. Donate food, toys, treats and other supplies.
Many shelters have limited funds and rely on donations from individuals and businesses. Donating supplies will help keep costs down so shelters can focus their resources on more important needs, like medical care and spaying/neutering.
2. Adopt a pet!
The best thing you can do is commit to giving an animal a permanent home. Adopting a pet is a big responsibility but it comes with many rewards such as unconditional love and companionship that will last for years! Just remember that adopting an animal should never be taken lightly—it’s not something you can decide on spur-of-the-moment because there are many factors involved such as allergies or being able to provide proper medical care (both financially and emotionally). If you’re
Everyone loves a puppy. They’re cute, cuddly, and are just about the best thing ever. But sometimes life gets in the way of taking care of a puppy, or maybe you’re allergic to dogs (we get it).
In this article we’ve put together a list of 7 ways that you can help the Humane Society—without having to adopt one of their furry friends!
1. Donate money
2. Donate food and supplies
3. Donate services
4. Volunteer at your local Humane Society
5. Become a foster parent for pets
6. Adopt a pet
7. Educate yourself and others on humane care for animals
Want to help animals in need? Here are 5 simple and easy ways to do so:
– Donate to a local shelter. Shelters are always looking for donations, whether it’s money, blankets, or food. You can even donate old towels and sheets from your home!
– Volunteer at a local shelter. Volunteering is a great way to connect with an animal and provide them love and support. Plus, you’ll get some exercise!
– [Optional] Sign up to foster an animal. Shelters often have too many animals and not enough room or resources, especially around the holidays. Fostering can save an animal’s life!
– Adopt an animal from a shelter. The best way to give an animal a new home is by adopting them from a shelter rather than buying one from a breeder or pet store.
– Spread the word! Share this post with friends and family to help spread awareness about the plight of shelter animals so more people can get involved!