Adopt a Pet Today! This Is Why Riverdale Animal Shelter Wants You To Choose Them:
When you are ready to add a furry friend to your family, adoption is the way to go. Here’s why:
- You are giving an animal a second chance at life and in return, that animal will give you years of love and companionship.
- Adopting from a shelter or rescue organization is less expensive than purchasing from a pet store or breeder.
- When you adopt locally, you are helping save lives because every animal adopted means there is room for another deserving pet to find its forever home, too!
Plus all the pets at our shelter have been spayed or neutered and microchipped already! Can you believe it? Talk about convenience! And on top of that they’ve also received their necessary vaccinations. And they get along with other animals already (if you want one of course)! We understand it’s hard picking just one pet when many need homes so here are some examples of what we have available right now:
A blog with reasons why you should adopt locally. Provides short descriptions of all breeds available at the shelter.
Consider adopting a pet from your local shelter. There are a lot of benefits to doing so.
Benefits of Adopting Pets Locally
- You can pick out a pet that matches your lifestyle. For example, if you enjoy long hikes and active outdoor activities, you can find a younger dog that enjoys these things too. If you have an apartment or small home, you might want to consider adopting an older cat or making peace with the fact that it will probably be impossible for you to hide the litter box. However, if you love going on vacation and don’t want to leave your pet behind in a kennel, there are plenty of dogs and cats who would love to accompany you!
- The adoption fees at shelters are typically lower than purchasing pets from breeders.
- Shelter staff members often know more about each animal’s personality than breeders do because they spend more time with them prior to adoption (and even after). The same goes for vets working at shelters. They know these animals inside out and are able to give accurate health information when asked by potential adopters. This is especially helpful when it comes time for medical care!
The takeaway is asking for pets to be adopted. Just in time for the holidays!
So, the takeaway here? If you’re thinking of getting a pet, please consider adopting one locally. Not only is it cheaper than buying one from a pet store or breeder (with the same benefits in terms of health, obedience, and general care), but you’ll be helping to reduce an overcrowding problem at shelters like ours while finding your new best friend. Happy holidays!